World Oceans Day is a global day of ocean celebration and collaboration for a better future. In honor of this special day we wanted to share 5 tips to help protect the ocean!
1. Out for a Beach Day? Try to pick up at least 5 pieces of trash while you're out sunning.
If everyone did this we would have cleaner (and safer) beaches. Next time you're at your favorite spot, scan your surroundings and grab anything you see.
2. Just say no to plastic water bottles
One plastic bottle can take hundreds of years to decompose - that's where reusable water bottles come in. When you invest in a water bottle, you're not only saving the earth, you're saving some skin care money!
3. Do you REALLY need that straw?
Over 5 million straws are used a day in American alone, most of which end up in our oceans, polluting the water and killing marine life.
4. Go green with reef-safe sunscreen
Oxybenzone is a nasty chemical linked to the depletion and damage of our reefs. If the entire state of Hawaii can ban the chemical's use, so can you. Opt for Oxybenzone-free sunscreen on your next jaunt to the beach.
5. Support organizations working to protect the ocean
Donating time or money to organizations that help the ocean is incredibly important. Check out ways to volunteer here.
Why We Use Jojoba Beads in our BYRON Mask + Scrub
Not only do Jojoba Beads act as a gentle exfoliant, they are biodegradable! Traditional micro-beads don't biodegrade quickly ending up in lakes, rivers, oceans and sometimes on our plates. Protecting our oceans means protecting all humans and animals alike.
1. Follow @drroebucks and @sidwayswim on Instagram.
2. You must be signed up for our newsletter to be eligible.
Contest ends June 15th, 12 AM PST.